Binghamtonilaistehtaan järein stereopäätevahvistinuutuus. Ääneltään vakaa, avoin, soljuva ja iso. Elävyyttä mahtavan dynamiikan saattelemana. Jatkuvaa tehoa 2 x 450W optimoidusti 8/4/2 ohm kuormaan. Edeltäjämalliinsa nähden selvästi kasvanut dynamiikka. Quad Balanced- ja Autoformer-rakenne. Komponentit, rakenneratkaisut ja toteutus McIntosh:n tapaan vakuuttava. Balansoidut ja RCA-sisäänmenot. Tukevat kaiutinterminaalit.
Mitat 57.2 x 44.5 x 24cm (SxLxK), paino 52,3kg.
Experience stereo bliss with the MC462 Amplifier. The MC462 replaces the highly regarded MC452 as our most powerful stereo amplifier. Like the MC452, it features a robust output of 450 Watts per channel. With a dedicated McIntosh Autoformer™ connected to each audio channel, the full 450 Watts is available to any speaker regardless if it has 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance. Just one MC462 Amplifier can single-handedly power a world class home audio stereo system.
The new generation MC462 stereo amplifier has received numerous updates compared to the previous model. The most prominent is that filter capacity has been increased by nearly 50%, which has resulted in a remarkable 66% increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 3.0dB. This allows the MC462 to easily handle drastic swings in dynamics and effortlessly reproduce your favorite music with virtually no distortion. Bass performance is also improved as a result of the filter capacity increase. Our eco-friendly power management system, which will turn the amplifier off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected, has been added. Internal wiring and select circuit components have also been upgraded.
Aesthetically, the MC462 retains all the hallmarks of a McIntosh amplifier with a few key modern enhancements. The front panel now utilizes direct LED backlighting that improves appearance and color accuracy. The two audio Autoformers and single power transformer are housed in new enclosures topped by a single machined cover with glass inserts. The back half of the amplifier is home to four of our Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which connect to advanced high current output transistors that help eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time.
Besides these updates, the MC462 is packed full of other exclusive McIntosh technologies to bring your music to life:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal at the speed of light and makes real time adjustments to prevent harsh sounding and potentially speaker damaging clipping
- Sentry Monitor™ – our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components (such as CD Players, turntables, tuners and media streamers) for easy system power up and shutdown
- Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables
The balanced and unbalanced outputs make bi-amping or tri-amping your speakers easier; they can also be used to send the audio signal to a secondary system if your preamplifier does not have enough outputs, or to connect a powered subwoofer. The MC462 sits on a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis and features the timeless McIntosh black glass front panel, illuminated logo, control knobs, aluminum handles and a pair of fast responding blue Watt meters.
” Highly recommended. The McIntosh MC462 Quad Balanced power amplifier sits today on the bottom shelf of my rack ” Sasha Matson/STEREOPHILE (Apr 2019)
” AUDIO Highlight – Referenzklasse ” AUDIO (10/2020)